PSSD while Tapering Trazodone

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
sufferer183

PSSD while Tapering Trazodone

Unread post by sufferer183 »

Hey,

so somewhere about a week ago a switch got turned I lost the ablity to feel any emotions and also have numb skin sensation, pain sensation and very numb genitals. I also can't feel negative or positive emotions. I'm not sure if this was the reason but soon before I droped the dose of the Trazodone by 20% this time. (usually I do 10% don
't know why I got impatient.). Am on 6,68mg or something right now and before it was 8,35mg. I got some despair and panic from that drop and those where the only emotions I could feel so the sexual and emotional issues fired this despair even more. The despair faided and now im left with this ariticial heighted mood and no emotions what so ever.
I'm not sure if I should go on the old dose again or this would make things worse.... I'm panicking right now in my head but i can't feel it.....
I am so suprised by this artifical heightend mood it feels like I upped the dose by a signifcant amount instead of lowering it. It feels disguting to be honest.
I don't know what I should do now. The lack of feeling tired also makes sleeping impossble.
Determined-Mind

Re: PSSD while Tapering Trazodone

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

For sleep, I'm helped by glycine (1g) and arginine/citrulline (500/250 mg). I find it works better than prescription sleep medications, they're gentle.

For positive emotions, I think I've been helped by dopa mucuna, bupropion and buspirone.

Vitamin B supplementation shouldn't do any harm either.

All the best
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
Trazedy

Re: PSSD while Tapering Trazodone

Unread post by Trazedy »

Sadly none can answer this question. Both things (keeping the dose and trying to raise it back) will produce unknown results. It is important though not to panic now and to keep the withdrawing process as stable as possible. You will very likely have fucked up sensations for at least few months after stopping, nonetheless.
Neuroscience MD researcher. Ita Male 30yo.

28 pills of Trazodone 75mg on Sept '18. Cold Turkey.
1y severe penis shrink/numb/ED
4y ED 7/10+numb 5/10+orgasm 3/10+libido 0
5y ED 9/10+numb 8/10+orgasm 6/10+libido 2