PSSD or pinched nerve ?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Determined-Mind

Re: PSSD or pinched nerve ?

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

Have you ever tried cognitive enhancers (such as medications derived from methylphenidate or modafinil)?

I tell myself that they could certainly help you to be quickly responsive in the morning. My partner takes modafinil with dopa mucuna and muira puama in the morining and dopa mucuna, muira puama and maca in the lunchtime. It works well for him to manage to work all day.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
The_Eye

Unread post by The_Eye »

Determined-Mind wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:33 am Have you ever tried cognitive enhancers (such as medications derived from methylphenidate or modafinil)?

I tell myself that they could certainly help you to be quickly responsive in the morning. My partner takes modafinil with dopa mucuna and muira puama in the morining and dopa mucuna, muira puama and maca in the lunchtime. It works well for him to manage to work all day.
Nope, never tried those. only thing I'm trying atm is some Muira Puama, together with Damiana. I'm noticing a SUBTLE effect on my anticipatory pleasure, but my brain's basically sleeping the whole day :mrgreen:
Determined-Mind

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

All right! Just to clarify in relation to my partner's treatment: we noted that the plants work in synergy with his medication. Without the 100 mg of modafinil, the plants have a limited effect on his fatigue and mental acuity.

Before his modafinil + plant diet, he took 450 mg of modafinil in the morning. Which is a huge dose. But it was the only one that worked for him (without side effects).
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
The_Eye

Unread post by The_Eye »

Determined-Mind wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:58 am

In any case, regulating opioids and glutamate may be a key to treating consumptive anhedonia (pleasure of the body and sex). I'll be focusing on this in the coming months.
Please let us know when you write about it :-)