90% improvement with lithium carbonate 450 mg

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Semogomes

Re: 90% improvement with lithium carbonate 450 mg

Unread post by Semogomes »

hi, did it also reverse your shrinkage problem?
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Lithium works to stabilize moods. This doesn’t mean that the mechanism for lithium helping those with pssd is because of its mood stabilizing effects. It’s a naturally occurring element. Lithium is needed to transport B12 and folate into the cells. This could be why some improve with methyl b12 and folate. But others don’t because they need more lithium to carry it into cells. Without proper b12 levels, using lithium you can deplete b12 even further.
What could be possible here, is that Lithium is a potent synergist and activator of b12 through the lithium trans cobalamin receptor enzyme. So it may have activated b12 stores or improved b12 function which would open up methylation pathways for sure.
rengfreitas

Unread post by rengfreitas »

Maxin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:00 pm Lithium works to stabilize moods. This doesn’t mean that the mechanism for lithium helping those with pssd is because of its mood stabilizing effects. It’s a naturally occurring element. Lithium is needed to transport B12 and folate into the cells. This could be why some improve with methyl b12 and folate. But others don’t because they need more lithium to carry it into cells. Without proper b12 levels, using lithium you can deplete b12 even further.
What could be possible here, is that Lithium is a potent synergist and activator of b12 through the lithium trans cobalamin receptor enzyme. So it may have activated b12 stores or improved b12 function which would open up methylation pathways for sure.
I would say that lithium is much more than that... To this day, the exact mechanism by which lithium acts on the brain is unknown. We have a starting point but nothing exact. You referred to something in particular, depression but see, the topic refers exclusively to sexual damage caused by antidepressants.
rengfreitas

Unread post by rengfreitas »

Semogomes wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:05 pm hi, did it also reverse your shrinkage problem?
Shrinking was a scary thing for me. My penis seemed to run out of blood. It felt like I was in a stressful situation where the body releases adrenaline and the vessels contract but I wasn't tense nor was I going through a stressful moment. When I took lithium the symptom of shrinkage went away although I had the same result with the reinstatement of the antidepressant fluvoxamine.

My goal has always been to stop fluvoxamine and not have the sexual effect. Whenever I stopped taking the antidepressant, the sexual damage appeared. The difference now is that I stopped the antidepressant, the sexual damage came, I took the lithium, the sexual damage disappeared and I removed the lithium and the sexual part remained intact. Thank God.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

rengfreitas wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:36 pm
Maxin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:00 pm Lithium works to stabilize moods. This doesn’t mean that the mechanism for lithium helping those with pssd is because of its mood stabilizing effects. It’s a naturally occurring element. Lithium is needed to transport B12 and folate into the cells. This could be why some improve with methyl b12 and folate. But others don’t because they need more lithium to carry it into cells. Without proper b12 levels, using lithium you can deplete b12 even further.
I would say that lithium is much more than that... To this day, the exact mechanism by which lithium acts on the brain is unknown. We have a starting point but nothing exact. You referred to something in particular, depression but see, the topic refers exclusively to sexual damage caused by antidepressants.
You’re missing my point. My mood stabilizing comment wasn’t in response to your post. Someone else was alluding to it working solely because of its mood stabilizing properties and I think that’s just a downstream effect. It depends on so much on methylation (and genetic mutations)what side effects are experienced or the severity.

My point is that it’s a vital element in the body. And you’re not the first case to have been helped by lithium. So my questioning is that could it be possible that those that don’t have effects from lithium are due to poor methylation (being either low b12 or folate, or both?). Similar to how drug companies have marketed folate under the brand name Deplin. All it is is crazy high dose folate. It works because certain people have severe methylation problems and need high doses of methyl folate to get b12 into cells. And it won’t work for everyone because not everyone has the same specific methylation traps. But when it works, it works wonders. And it’s usually added in to other medications that are causing side effects (like low libido for instance)
I strongly suspect this is similar with these cases of lithium. You’re finally getting your methylation functioning properly and b12 into cells. And of course this is going to improve sexual function. It’s going to improve function period.

There is a pretty well known guy named Freddd active in the Phoenix rising groups. For years he needed insane amounts of b12 to function. But it did help him function it was just odd he had to take so much throughout the day.
He finally realized the missing piece was lithium. He was able to lower his daily b12 supplementation significantly and still have the same improvements.

If we want to understand lithium and why it’s working for some, we have to look at the whole picture. You said two things “I think lithium is much more than that”. Umm. Yes which is what I’m trying to add here.

And second “we don’t know the exact mechanism”. Umm transporting b12 to cells is pretty darn important for the function of the brain and body. And compared to a lot of drugs and supplements, there has been quite a lot of studies into lithium. It’s been around for a long, long time.

Sexual damage in the body is not an isolated black and white scenario. Even within that subset it varies greatly in severity and symptom manifestation. You don’t have to be depressed to have sexual dysfunction. I never said that. But that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t wonder the mechanism of why lithium would be working and if it’s in relation to methylation status?
ksv

Unread post by ksv »

@rengfreitas

Did you have caffeine/energy drink/supplements with lithium? apparently it is bad combo and reduces lithium blood levels
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

fellow1 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:06 am
rengfreitas wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:52 am
fellow1 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:06 am Lithium made me permanently worse and I know another guy with same experience.
Plus plenty of reports on reddit lithium causing ED and supressing emotions/creativity.
How many days did you use? What type of lithium and dosage?

In this field of experiences and uncertainties we must be more persistent. I felt some things but I kept it at low doses for 2 months and look at my experience. The usual doses for bipolar disorder that are capable of affecting cognition are 900mg to 1600mg. We are talking about low dose. I started with 450mg and stayed for 2 months and reduced. It needs to be tested. Even to base it on an opinion I have to ask if the person really tested it for a long time. 1x or 1 week for me is not a parameter.
I used orotate for 2 months, I got worse after 1 week, but I kept taking it and this new WORSE state didn't improve after stopping lithium. When I say worse, I mean ED, libido and anhedonia. Lithium is inhibitory towards dopamine, why do you think it's used for bipolar or hypomania and why do you think there are hundreds reports of people getting sexual dysfunction from lithium. It seems to me you are looking for lab rats on this forum as you are just newly registered here. and you start posts from lithium, probably some another ''guru'' from reddit who ''figured out theory''.
you are confusing some things.
Dopamine has no impact on erections
#2 Dopamine plays a role in motivation, it is the starter but it is not what gives you your libido or your pleasure. acetylcholine which is the exciter and noradrenaline which makes us feel fear, sexual desire and pleasure.
As for erections, they depend on the level of 5a-R which influences your DHT and Influence (INOS) the Inducer Nitric Oxide Synthase.
Acetylcholine uses the vagus nerve's efferent pathway for erection and to stimulate your glands and the afferent pathway for sensation from the penis to your central nervous system.
everyone talks about dopamine for libido but your vagus nerve is important in this story. If you have poor vagal tone, you may have sexual problems as well as pelvic floor and bladder, anal, etc.

For erections that come back when you take the antidepressant again, it's also because of 5a-R. Antidepressants( not all) increase levels of 5a-R which leads to higher levels of INOS.
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

rengfreitas wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:41 pm
Semogomes wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:05 pm hi, did it also reverse your shrinkage problem?
Shrinking was a scary thing for me. My penis seemed to run out of blood. It felt like I was in a stressful situation where the body releases adrenaline and the vessels contract but I wasn't tense nor was I going through a stressful moment. When I took lithium the symptom of shrinkage went away although I had the same result with the reinstatement of the antidepressant fluvoxamine.

My goal has always been to stop fluvoxamine and not have the sexual effect. Whenever I stopped taking the antidepressant, the sexual damage appeared. The difference now is that I stopped the antidepressant, the sexual damage came, I took the lithium, the sexual damage disappeared and I removed the lithium and the sexual part remained intact. Thank God.
exactly the same problem and same effect when I take escitalopram again.
I managed to convince my therapist to put me on lithium.
It scared me a little with the side effects but it's been such a long time (16 years I've had problems that I want to try).
For now, she has prescribed 400mg for me, I don't know how I will convince her to increase the dosage if necessary.
Are there any supplements to take to avoid problems when taking blood or for the thyroid? I read vit b12 above. what type please?
I also read that vitamin B3 helps with demethylation.
Is it better for me to try orotate first to see if a low dose would have a positive effect on me? I don't even know if I can have some because here in Europe, they have banned selling them because of the risks. If I remember correctly a woman ended up in the emergency room with serotonin syndrome or I don't know what.
Will I lose my hair? finally if I lose my hair but I find the libido of my 20s I'm willing lol. I will buy a wig.
I'm a little stressed about the side effects, it's true since she told me "you don't forget to take it otherwise there is a risk of suicidal thoughts and at the moment I don't have any more .
how do you reduce the doses?
Does lithium have an impact on the prostate or testicles?
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

Titeuf wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:58 pm
fellow1 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:06 am
rengfreitas wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:52 am

How many days did you use? What type of lithium and dosage?

In this field of experiences and uncertainties we must be more persistent. I felt some things but I kept it at low doses for 2 months and look at my experience. The usual doses for bipolar disorder that are capable of affecting cognition are 900mg to 1600mg. We are talking about low dose. I started with 450mg and stayed for 2 months and reduced. It needs to be tested. Even to base it on an opinion I have to ask if the person really tested it for a long time. 1x or 1 week for me is not a parameter.
I used orotate for 2 months, I got worse after 1 week, but I kept taking it and this new WORSE state didn't improve after stopping lithium. When I say worse, I mean ED, libido and anhedonia. Lithium is inhibitory towards dopamine, why do you think it's used for bipolar or hypomania and why do you think there are hundreds reports of people getting sexual dysfunction from lithium. It seems to me you are looking for lab rats on this forum as you are just newly registered here. and you start posts from lithium, probably some another ''guru'' from reddit who ''figured out theory''.
you are confusing some things.
Dopamine has no impact on erections
#2 Dopamine plays a role in motivation, it is the starter but it is not what gives you your libido or your pleasure. acetylcholine which is the exciter and noradrenaline which makes us feel fear, sexual desire and pleasure.
As for erections, they depend on the level of 5a-R which influences your DHT and Influence (INOS) the Inducer Nitric Oxide Synthase.
Acetylcholine uses the vagus nerve's efferent pathway for erection and to stimulate your glands and the afferent pathway for sensation from the penis to your central nervous system.
everyone talks about dopamine for libido but your vagus nerve is important in this story. If you have poor vagal tone, you may have sexual problems as well as pelvic floor and bladder, anal, etc.

For erections that come back when you take the antidepressant again, it's also because of 5a-R. Antidepressants( not all) increase levels of 5a-R which leads to higher levels of INOS.
WTF are you talking about. Do your research. dopamine is one of the main mechanisms of erections, mainly through D2 receptors and interplay with oxytocin.

I was trying lithium as well and got worse.
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

But you tried Lithium Orotate right?