Pfaffia glomerata Eradicates PSSD In Male Rats

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ErgogenicHealth

Pfaffia glomerata Eradicates PSSD In Male Rats

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Extract of Pfaffia glomerata Ameliorates Paroxetine-Induced Sexual Dysfunction in Male Mice and the Characterization of Its Phytoconstituents by UPLC-MS

Pfaffia glomerata extract (PGE) has a variety of biological activities. However, its ameliorative effect on and exact working mechanism in male sexual dysfunction are still poorly understood. This study aims to evaluate the ameliorative effect of PGE on paroxetine (PRX)-induced sexual dysfunction in male mice and uses molecular docking technology to investigate its underlying mechanism. In this work, PRX-induced sexual dysfunction was caused and PGE was gavaged in mice for 28 days. The results show that PGE significantly improved the sexual performance of mice and reduced the damage to testicular tissues. Further studies showed that PGE restored serum sex hormones to normal levels and increased nitric oxide (NO) and cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) levels as well as nitric oxide synthase (NOS) activity in penile tissues, while also decreasing phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) activity, thereby maintaining normal penile erection in mice. In addition, PGE improved the activities of enzymes (LDH, ACP, and ALP) related to energy metabolism in the testis and significantly increased sperm count and viability in mice. Furthermore, the molecular docking results show that all eight compounds in PGE could form a stable complex with PDE-5 and inhibit the activity of PDE-5. In conclusion, PGE had an ameliorative effect on PRX-induced sexual dysfunction, suggesting that PGE has a potential protective effect on male sexual health.

https://www.mdpi.com/2304-8158/12/17/3236
Impermanence

Re: Pfaffia glomerata Eradicates PSSD In Male Rats

Unread post by Impermanence »

Thanks for sharing but

Eradicate : No, Ameliorate
PSSD : No, Paroxetine Induced Sexual Dysfunction.
Determined-Mind

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

What's interesting is that a plant can reverse/ameliorate drug-induced sexual problems.

I would tend to think that it's easier to change a recently disrupted nervous system, than a permanently disrupted one (+6 months of dysfunction to have a diagnosis of sexual dysfunction).

Unfortunately, as far as the rats are concerned, the researchers don't necessarily have access to their hedonic emotions (do they feel sensations of pleasure? Do they feel aroused before and during sex?) Hedonic losses are often a source of distress and a significant drop in quality of life.

It's good that research is being done in the field of sexual health.

It's a pity, however, that it focuses essentially on hormones and PDE-5 inhibitors. I'd like to see more scientific research into the effects of opioids and glutamate on sexual functioning and how plants/drugs interact with these systems.

SSRIs certainly modulate these neurotransmitters indirectly, and lasting changes in "these pathways" can certainly explain the persistence of many sexual disorders.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

unfortunately, it's not easy to find. I find another variety but not the one used in the study.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

Is there a big difference between paniculata and glomerata? Seems like both are called ''suma root'' ?
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

I don't know, maybe they have the same properties but for example, maca does not have the same properties whether it is yellow, red or black. we have to try. There aren't many studies and to be honest this is the first time I've heard of Brazilian gingseng and yet I've been interested in the properties of plants for years. I know Asian, Siberian, Indian, American gingseng and maca considered Peruvian gingseng but never heard of Brazilian and if it was famous for that I think I would have already heard of it so I think it It's still a commercial argument. a trendy thing supposed to make us live up to 120 years old and regain the energy of a young 20-year-old like it comes out every month. It's like every month, you can see a new L'Oréal cream with molecules that no one knows about which are supposed to rejuvenate the skin. it's just ridiculous. and people believe and buy it. I don't know how much extra money I spent. some things work but many on healthy men. before tribulus terrestri made me hard like a horse but since escitalopram at 20mg nothing makes me hot anymore. some supplements help with erections but if I don't activate them manually, nothing happens and sometimes I even have a nice erection but the cerebral fireworks aren't there. which is the most frustrating.
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

Let's all contribute to the deforestation of the Amazon rainforest by buying Brazilian gingseng, it's not that a big deal ;)
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

seems like main active constituent is b-ecdysone, which is present in some other plants that are more available for sale.
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

Yes ecdysterone. Also rutin can help with dysfunction erectile. Rutin exhibited significantly higher inhibitory effects on PDE-5, acetylcholinesterase and angiotensin-I-converting enzyme activities compared to quercetin. Also inhibits arginase