Are there safer antibiotics?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
C12345

Are there safer antibiotics?

Unread post by C12345 »

Are there safer antibiotics for people with PSSD? Need a plan of what to ask for if at some point in the future I need antibiotics, which presumably I will. I was also wondering if anyone has a link to something I could show my GP about the risk of antibiotics with PSSD? Many thanks 🙏
6-Eggs!

Re: Are there safer antibiotics?

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

As long as you aren't allergic to this class, then the old fashioned penicillin class is perfectly safe. The newer types can/are be neuro-active and upset those recovering from withdrawal syndromes including PSSD.

I had full general anesthetic oral surgery and I opted out of all the drugs except Propofol and Amoxicillin and I was just off my AD less than a month prior and was in a bad crash days before surgery, I was so sensitive that I can't even take panadol as of then and still can't. I came out the other side with no ill effects. I did my research and consulted the good people at surviving antidepressants first and confirmed no reported cases of bad reactions to penicillin type drugs.
C12345

Re: Are there safer antibiotics?

Unread post by C12345 »

Thank you so much, that’s really helpful info. Do you know what are the other main classes of drugs we should be avoiding if possible? Thanks 🙏