Opiates/Opioids and PSSD

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Animus

Opiates/Opioids and PSSD

Unread post by Animus »

Hello, I have chronic pain, unrelated to PSSD, and today I took 200 mg of codeine (which is a similar dose to 15-20 mg of morphine. It's something for a opiate-naive person), and was expecting to feel the euphoria that I read so much about. Unfortunately, the only effects were sedation, dizziness and slightly slowed reaction and thinking (and no itchiness, btw). So, I'm wondering, maybe my PSSD blocks the opiate high, since (1) some people report that when on SSRIs, they can't feel euphoria from opiates, and (2) it is thought that the opiate high is related to dopamine. Or perhaps I'm just a poor metabolizer of codeine, or my dose was too small, or I can't feel the opiate high for other reasons.
Tenyears27, since you used opioid analgesics before PSSD extensively, have you tried opiates/opioids after PSSD? Was the experience similar to before PSSD?
Looking for comments on this topic.
Edit: took 500 mg codeine today. Side effect present, but no euphoria.
Sonny

Re: Opiates/Opioids and PSSD

Unread post by Sonny »

You could be right about that. I wonder what would happen if you add ropinirole to the mix. That would increase dopamine. On the other hand, chronic pain patients stop getting the euphoria after a while. I know people with chronic pain, and you just get used to it after a while. All it does is take the edge off the pain so you can get through your day.
gatogordito

Re: Opiates/Opioids and PSSD

Unread post by gatogordito »

Yeah, I used to love the euphoria that opiates would give me before I got PSSD. It was like a warm, tingling feeling throughout my body. With PSSD, that feeling is gone. I still get the numbing of physical pain and the common side effects, but no euphoria. Alcohol is the same way for me now as well. Used to make me feel good and social, now it just makes me feel numbed out and withdrawn.