Low Dose SSRI (Reinstatement)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
6-Eggs!

Re: Low Dose SSRI (Reinstatement)

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

How long did it take after reinstating before you saw improvement and how long before your recovery?

For me I reinstated early Jan to taper off again but much slower, mainly to stop myself from loosing the plot mentally. I feel it didn't help other than calming me down enough to just be able to manage. It actually brought back the original side effects (including sexual) that made me quit in the first place and didn't help all the persistent withdrawals I am still suffering so I think I would of been much better off not reinstating if it wasn't for the mental anguish I was suffering.

I am finding that as I taper down I am naturally improving anyway but it's slow going.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

Anyone tried this method while having TCA, polydrug or SNRI damage ?

According to Dr Shipko and survivingantidepressants the best result from reinstatement comes from the same or the most similar drug. If someone have poly-pharmacy damage to NA, DA and 5-HT system the things may works differently and simple SSRI could not be enough. For now it's clear all psych meds create persistent / permanent problems.

If someone want to try this method very low dose milnacipram seems the best for SNRI induced PSSD. Venlafaxine is not good as it has many active metabolites which prolong the effect and make action chaotic after single dosing per week.
wardeath

Unread post by wardeath »

sylv wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:09 am Anyone tried this method while having TCA, polydrug or SNRI damage ?

According to Dr Shipko and survivingantidepressants the best result from reinstatement comes from the same or the most similar drug. If someone have poly-pharmacy damage to NA, DA and 5-HT system the things may works differently and simple SSRI could not be enough. For now it's clear all psych meds create persistent / permanent problems.

If someone want to try this method very low dose milnacipram seems the best for SNRI induced PSSD. Venlafaxine is not good as it has many active metabolites which prolong the effect and make action chaotic after single dosing per week.

i got pssd from fluvoxamine 100mg which i took for just 7 days
What do you suggest ? which protocol should be better for me?
low dose ssri reinstatment or same dose ssri reinstatement?
Fluvoxamin 100mg + Patril beta 10 for 1 week in dec 2021 quit ct
Fluoxetine 20 mg for 25 days quit ct on 11th feb 2022
Currently drug free
Suffering from ed and low libido
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

wardeath wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:46 pm
sylv wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:09 am Anyone tried this method while having TCA, polydrug or SNRI damage ?

Better to start low dose. 7 days indicates crash so you have very sensitive 5-HT system and that 100mg was a clear overdose. Daily dosing isn't good for you.

Before fluvoxamine start with something mild like 5-HTP at very low dose 10mg or 20mg and see what happens. The same serotoninergic drug often gives paradoxical / opposite effects depending on mental state. So at least 3x tests are needed in different time. 7 days interdose pause between doses to limit any risk from effects becoming adapted due neuroplasticity

After doing tests with 5-HTP then you could try 5mg fluvoxamine and see what happens.
wardeath

Unread post by wardeath »

sylv wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:48 pm
wardeath wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:46 pm

Better to start low dose. 7 days indicates crash so you have very sensitive 5-HT system and that 100mg was a clear overdose. Daily dosing isn't good for you.

Before fluvoxamine start with something mild like 5-HTP at very low dose 10mg or 20mg and see what happens. The same serotoninergic drug often gives paradoxical / opposite effects depending on mental state. So at least 3x tests are needed in different time. 7 days interdose pause between doses to limit any risk from effects becoming adapted due neuroplasticity

After doing tests with 5-HTP then you could try 5mg fluvoxamine and see what happens.
Should i take 10mg 5htp everyday or once every week?
Fluvoxamin 100mg + Patril beta 10 for 1 week in dec 2021 quit ct
Fluoxetine 20 mg for 25 days quit ct on 11th feb 2022
Currently drug free
Suffering from ed and low libido
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

wardeath wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:46 pm Should i take 10mg 5htp everyday or once every week?
Single 10mg 5-HTP to gain insight how SSRI may work. The effects should be immediate.
If tolerated / beneficial - Wait week then use 10mg 5-HTP one day and 10mg next day to know if subsequent dosing is safe / doesn't lead to any deterioration ( that might predict crash ). Then, assuming the effects were beneficial proceed for low dose SSRI ( 1/10 of standard should be safe enough ) after week or more washout time.

According to testimonies sometimes the direct action is beneficial sometimes the withdrawals. That could be researched by testing SSRIs with different half life with Dapoxetine having the most intense withdrawal and fluoxetine the least. It could be assumed that both direct action of SSRI or withdrawal if intense enough may lead to "persistent switch" resulting in either improvement or deterioration of PSSD.