Herbal Remedies by Mary Jane

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Underworld_Faery

Herbal Remedies by Mary Jane

Unread post by Underworld_Faery »

In my introduction, I have explained that there seems to be a divide between physical pleasure/orgasm and the mental satisfaction that comes with it.
For me, I believe that there is an issue with the release of dopamine- either my body isn't releasing enough of it or my brain isn't recognizing it; either way, it's hard for me to achieve mental contentment even after a large number of orgasms. This is how I came to that conclusion:
The Accidental Discovery
One of the things that I've discovered inadvertently is that I do find marijuana to be a helpful tool. I had used the herb to relieve pain that I was experiencing due to knee injuries before engaging in sex so I could enjoy the activity more, and even though the "high" had worn off before engaging my partner, I did find the sex to be more satisfactory afterward without the need to have multiple orgasms or to have a particularly intense orgasm to finish.
The Experiment
Since this may have been a coincidence as I do have some satisfaction about every 1 out of 5 successful sexual encounters, I decided to try smoking a small amount about an hour before I planned to have sex again. Although it did take multiple orgasms this time, I did find the mental satisfaction for which I was hungering in the end.
The Research
I wanted to learn more about why this may have been effective. As I read more on the topic of marijuana enhancing sexual experiences, I discovered that Cannabinoids do in fact increase dopamine levels in the body.
The chemicals in marijuana known as cannabinoids indirectly increase dopamine by blocking the action of another neurotransmitter called GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid). GABA normally acts to dampen the amount of dopamine released in the brain, and scientists have been working to develop antidepressants to directly target these receptors. The issue with mood stabilizing medications like the one I had been taking (Celexa) is that it works to "normalize" the receptor instead of inhibiting it. This causes the brain to release less dopamine naturally to prevent a manic high and thus prevent the manic low that would follow. (The ultimate goal of the medication is to prevent the manic low- the depression.) However, this also causes the problem of being unable to accomplish a temporary dopamine release from activities, including sex, and this deficiency leaves the brain dissatisfied even after the physical body has been stimulated. This makes the patient require additional or intense stimulation to create the release needed to overcome the deficiency. Marijuana bridges the gap, in a way, and allows the patient to experience the dopamine release more easily.
My Conclusion
In my case, I cannot afford to use marijuana regularly, and the truth is that I do not want to become reliant on any substance- even marijuana- to be satisfied sexually, so I am going to continue to seek alternative methods to cure the dysfunction instead of simply using marijuana or a supplement to treat the symptoms. In the meantime, I will use this treatment in moderation as my circumstances allow.
I only hope that the information I have shared here will prove to be useful to someone else seeking to treat their problems as well.
Maldoror

Re: Herbal Remedies by Mary Jane

Unread post by Maldoror »

Marijuana helps me with the enjoyment aspect of it too. Unfortunately I don't like being high on weed.
Underworld_Faery

Maldoror wrote:Marijuana helps me with the enjoyment aspect of it too. Unfortunately I don't like being high on weed.
I don't like having sex while "high" all the time, either, which is why I wait for that feeling to fade before I try to do anything.
EricCartmanRJ

Unread post by EricCartmanRJ »

Where do you live? Unfortunately, it's illegal here.
Underworld_Faery

EricCartmanRJ wrote:Where do you live? Unfortunately, it's illegal here.
I didn't say it was legal here, just that I've utilized it.