Tapering Off

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
GIXXER

Tapering Off

Unread post by GIXXER »

A few questions for everyone

1. Who here is 100% med free?

2. When tapering off the meds that gave you PSSD how long did you take?

3. Did you have a sex drive when on the antidepressant?

4. Did you have a sex drive shortly after discounting the med, but then it went away?
Animus

Re: Tapering Off

Unread post by Animus »

1. I've been med free (from escitalopram and risperidone) for 1.5 years now, if you don't count occasionally trying non-SSRI/SNRIs drugs, which do not cause PSSD, like bupropion, buspirone, yohimbine, etc., for short periods of time.
2. Stopped cold turkey. Gradual tampering would mean more time on drug, which means more damage, IMO.
3. Hard to tell after such a long time, but I would go with no. I had an extremely muted sex drive while on, which went to zero the longer I took the drugs and after quitting. Right now it's better, but still muted, though it varied day-to-day.
4. No, after quitting I had no sex drive.
escitalopramsucks

Unread post by escitalopramsucks »

1. Who here is 100% med free?
After one year free of ssri´s after quitting I became extremly depressed and anxious and I have lorazepam (2mg/day) what is a benzodiazepine

2. When tapering off the meds that gave you PSSD how long did you take?
Stopped quitting escitalopram every other day thinking I was doing right. Then one day each three days

3. Did you have a sex drive when on the antidepressant?
My sex drive was lower but I still have interest in boys and I was able to fall in love and like men. All of these dissapeared when I quit

4. Did you have a sex drive shortly after discounting the med, but then it went away?
No
pete

Unread post by pete »

Come on, please use the search function.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

pete wrote:Come on, please use the search function.
I did couldn't find the exact questions I was seeking.

Do you wish to add to the topic?
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Too much digging

I like my simple few questions, but thanks for the suggestion Pete.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

It seems that maybe tapering off to fast may have caused PSSD. From what I remember I think I came off of 150mg of Effexor in 10-14 days. Maybe it needs to be a slower process over the course of a few months.

When I was on Effexor I still had a sex drive. I wanted to cuddle and make out with a gf. I just had problems getting an erection.

Im thinking about slowly ramping up to find the minimum low dose till I feel a sex drive again, then very slowly taper off.
Animus

Unread post by Animus »

GIXXER wrote:It seems that maybe tapering off to fast may have caused PSSD. From what I remember I think I came off of 150mg of Effexor in 10-14 days. Maybe it needs to be a slower process over the course of a few months.

When I was on Effexor I still had a sex drive. I wanted to cuddle and make out with a gf. I just had problems getting an erection.

Im thinking about slowly ramping up to find the minimum low dose till I feel a sex drive again, then very slowly taper off.
I never heard of this tapering stuff working for PSSD (except maybe for pete). I bet you'll only damage yourself further. Instead, try peptide pt141, and report back, plz. This is not the one that turns your skin brown, is it?
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Tapering is slowly reducing the antidepressant that a person was on.

Pt141 is the same one as the tanning one but it doesn't make you tan.