Sertraline induced PSSD

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
raven100

Sertraline induced PSSD

Unread post by raven100 »

Hi everyone,

I've been suffering from PSSD for 4 months now, after 4 weeks on 50mg of Sertraline. I think I've got a tiny bit better in the past month but really the difference is negligible.

Symptoms: Horrible Anhedonia - This is the worst part, feel like I've totally lost my personality. Hobbies down the drain, don't enjoy reading anymore because it's so hard to become attached to characters and stories anymore. Basically spending my life in bed.

Moderate to Severe sexual dysfunction - Can usually achieve orgasm if I put my heart into it. Sometimes orgasm can be pleasurable, usually not so much. Feel like this is a side condition to the Anhedonia, if I can't feel any emotion it makes sense that my libido would be low. Although there is definitely a physical component to the dysfunction too.

I don't self medicate yet, but probably will start doing so after a few more months.

Looking to create a spreadsheet of current and past sufferers to track progress and see how everyone's doing. Please reply to this thread or to me privately if you're ok with me using your information. I'm doing this on the reddit forum too so if I've asked you on there let me know so I don't double count you.

This experience is definitely the hardest time of my life. I don't know how long I will be able to tolerate it. I wish everyone all the best and hope you guys recover.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Zero

Re: Sertraline induced PSSD

Unread post by Zero »

I'm in the same boat. I'd been on 100mg for 6 years and I'm recovering (slowly). First thing relax, stress will slow down your progress. 50mg for one month is next to nothing, you'll get better, eat healthy, do some cardio, meditate, sleep well. It wouldn't be a bad idea to check your hormones: thyroid, testosterone and estradiol, possibly prolactin.

Don't think too much about PSSD, I discourage you to create spreadsheets, tracking progress, being obsessed about that shit. Remember one of the Nietzche quotes: If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Edit: In case of pssd you don't have to stare for too long.
raven100

Zero wrote: Don't think too much about PSSD, I discourage you to create spreadsheets, tracking progress, being obsessed about that shit. Remember one of the Nietzche quotes: If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Edit: In case of pssd you don't have to stare for too long.
Thank you. I think I needed to read something like this. Some days I can accept my condition as part of the healing process and do what I have to do despite number emotions. Unfortunately most days this just isn't possible. I can read something or watch a video that I used to elicit an emotional response, feel nothing and then get completely hopeless. I used to meditate before PSSD but since it started it doesn't do anything for me, I think due to the Anhedonia.
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
silverstar

Unread post by silverstar »

I've basically been in bed for 6 months....this ruined my life I can only hope it gets better from here...one day they'll know what pssd really is and why different drugs and supplements cause it. I just hope we don't have to wait our entire lives...but I'm not holding my breath either

This site is supportive...but I find people are miserable and ashamed to even talk about it. I finally started posting after lurking ..oh well. Maybe we can make an email exchange area or allow private messages for more support.

Thanks
raven100

Hey silverstar. Have you read many recovery stories? I find them to be very helpful. Trawling through forums looking for information not so much. I've lurked for a long time, decided it's time to start contributing but don't really know what I'm doing to be honest. A chatroom would be good, it doesn't seem many people are active here.
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

have up
raven100 wrote:Hey silverstar. Have you read many recovery stories? I find them to be very helpful. Trawling through forums looking for information not so much. I've lurked for a long time, decided it's time to start contributing but don't really know what I'm doing to be honest. A chatroom would be good, it doesn't seem many people are active here.
that would be good.

have any of you in UK got your doctor to report a yellow card reporting side effect form for permanent induced sexual dysfunction?

after 6 years i got mine to do it!
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
Maldoror

Unread post by Maldoror »

"have any of you in UK got your doctor to report a yellow card reporting side effect form for permanent induced sexual dysfunction?"

I thought you were supposed to be able to report it yourself without needing the doctor.
raven100

fema4psyciatrists wrote:have up
raven100 wrote:Hey silverstar. Have you read many recovery stories? I find them to be very helpful. Trawling through forums looking for information not so much. I've lurked for a long time, decided it's time to start contributing but don't really know what I'm doing to be honest. A chatroom would be good, it doesn't seem many people are active here.

have any of you in UK got your doctor to report a yellow card reporting side effect form for permanent induced sexual dysfunction?
Nope I haven't actually done that but will be sure to do it. Problem is both my doctor in London and my one in uni (Durham) don't really believe me
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

raven100 wrote:
fema4psyciatrists wrote:have up

Nope I haven't actually done that but will be sure to do it. Problem is both my doctor in London and my one in uni (Durham) don't really believe me
you can do it yourself too like above said i think. print this from the mind website that clearly states it may be permanent after coming off the drug

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-supp ... ssants/#se
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
raven100

Done. I'm sure if everyone in the UK who's suffering did this they'd be forced to conduct some long term studies. Really important that we spread the word