I can´t fall in love. Vent out

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
escitalopramsucks

I can´t fall in love. Vent out

Unread post by escitalopramsucks »

It´s gonna be two years in September since I quit the Escitalopram. Since then, my capacity of paying attention in a man, find him interesting and fall in love have dissappeared.

I understand how horrible is to have sexual dysfunction, but if you add love disfunction to the cake... depression, anxiety, sadness, extrem... too extrem. I need to know this is reversible: I have been affected in myltiple areas of my life: work, social...

I feel horrible meeting up new people.... I miss this girl who in the past felt butterflies sometimes when a stranger were introduced to her...
I miss feel attracted by a voice... a conversation or a nose...
I miss want to have someone in my bed not only to cuddle but to express the woman I´m supose to be.

This is too much and sometimes my nervous crisis are too much and I want an easy death,

I have been going out with my boyfriend for a long time and today we are gonna break up. I met him before PSSD . We have too many arguments and staying together is a miserable life- Even if I´m not in love I LOVE him: he is a companion... a mate...a trustful person but he cant stand my depressiom and I can´t stand his lack of compromise, his tendency to alcohol...

I feel my future is gonna be very black... very lobely and I don´t know if I will be able to be a happy person ever.

I know stories where people have recover their sex lifes... Do you know someone who has recovered their emotional and romantic lifes?

HELP PLEASE
Animus

Re: I can´t fall in love. Vent out

Unread post by Animus »

I have PSSD, but can still fall in love. In fact, I find a particular girl very attractive, am in love with her at the moment. I don't even want to have sex with her (that much. And that's not gonna happen for quite a while, anyway), just being together, holding hands, kissing or cuddling would be enough. We didn't meet up with her today, so I'm sad.
jaiho

Unread post by jaiho »

You're suffering depression. We really need to sort out this PSSD vs Depression thing.
When you can't feel emotions or attachment to people, can't fall in love, that means you're still in a deep depression.
PSSD is when only your sexuality is affected, but i would also attach alot of symptoms of PSSD as depression.
If though, your only symptoms are gential numbness, no sexual desire, but you have full emotions, can fall in love, then that is PSSD.
silverstar

Unread post by silverstar »

I'm with the same guy before I got pssd and now after. Our relationship has definitely changed some I can totally relate to the lack of Love feelings. It's not just a sexual disorder it's also arousal libido and actually I feel like it's connected to the feeling of love and some very strange way. I was very much in love with him actually he was the only partner I've ever really felt true love for and I care about him so deeply when this happened I completely lost my mind. I know I love him deeply but I cannot feel it anymore if that makes any sense. It happened overnight I wasn't depressed so I know that this disorder can actually destroy your feelings of love. I got mine from a different mix of pharmaceuticals and just my brain chemistry just a complete cluster fuck of things. I know now that I have severe depression and anxiety because of the pssd that I didn't have before I know that before I was able to love I had a full range of emotions and I was excited about life and my hobbies in my future. I now feel very depressed I don't have any attraction to any human beings especially my soulmate who I'm with I can look at him and I just feel alien I feel like the entire romantic love connection is just completely shut down like my pleasure Center is no longer working and I can't feel love in my heart anymore. I really don't know what else to say or how to solve this problem for me it's been about 8 months and my partner is trying to understand but I don't think anyone can really understand this unless you have it it's almost like how could you possibly understand how it feels like to be a robot unless you are a robot there's no way to explain it to somebody. I don't know what to do either I'm at my wit's end. My love is gone my arousal is gone my libido is gone the butterflies in my stomach is gone my depression is at a complete maximum my anxiety is through the roof. Who started a small group on Skype to try to support each other a little bit more and share a little bit more about our lives that are not so public in this forum so feel free to look through and I'd read it on Skype if you want to be able to vent a little bit more that's all I can really offer. Good luck and hopefully we all heal.
jaiho

Unread post by jaiho »

I've gone through exactly what you have silverstar, and i lost several partners because of it. Before medications i had full emotions, but i had a moderate case of depression.
Medications flipped a switch that made me more depressed when i went off them, and serious depression is when you cannot feel anything at all, no connection to the environment, people, emotions, food, sex, nothing gives you feeling. It's all connected to the reward circuits.
Having experienced this myself and i started to believe SSRIs are poison and they ruined my life. I took a step back, and took advice from some well renowned doctors and found i entered a deeper depression that needs stronger meds to treat.
As much as i didn't want to go back on SSRIs, i did, but using a combination that seemed to bring my reward circuity back online and i can feel again.
I would seek the advice of a psychiatrist, and try not to follow the pseudoscience of the Internet, where it's all about big pharma being evil.
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

jaiho wrote:I've gone through exactly what you have silverstar, and i lost several partners because of it. Before medications i had full emotions, but i had a moderate case of depression.
Medications flipped a switch that made me more depressed when i went off them, and serious depression is when you cannot feel anything at all, no connection to the environment, people, emotions, food, sex, nothing gives you feeling. It's all connected to the reward circuits.
Having experienced this myself and i started to believe SSRIs are poison and they ruined my life. I took a step back, and took advice from some well renowned doctors and found i entered a deeper depression that needs stronger meds to treat.
As much as i didn't want to go back on SSRIs, i did, but using a combination that seemed to bring my reward circuity back online and i can feel again.
I would seek the advice of a psychiatrist, and try not to follow the pseudoscience of the Internet, where it's all about big pharma being evil.
You are contradicting yourself. You said that SSRI give you bigger depression and you need stronger medication to treat? If SSRI make depression worse what will do stronger medications? Even worse? Just think about this. There is no medication on this planet to treat depression, it's pharma business and nothing more. Just read a couple of real studies and trials about antidepressants efficiency and you will be shocked. The best they can help in short term but are devastating in longterm. I never had depression or suicidal thoughts, i was a happy man with GAD. Wish i never treated my GAD.
jaiho

Unread post by jaiho »

Yep, the combination i use with an SSRI is extremely potent. And it increases dopamine instead of reducing it like with SSRIs alone.
The main problem with SSRIs is they reduce dopamine transmission, perhaps even after they have ceased. That maybe why they cause Anhedonia & PSSD.
With symptoms that are sexual, or with Anhedonia, adding Wellbutrin or Nortriptyline to the SSRI synergises the AD & Anti anxiety effects.

I found using a dopamine boosting drug on its own wasn't enough, and i still had alot of depressive symptoms. It's only when i combine an SSRI & NRI, that i get a robust effect.
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

You don't understand my point.
forexworld12

Unread post by forexworld12 »

jaiho wrote:Yep, the combination i use with an SSRI is extremely potent. And it increases dopamine instead of reducing it like with SSRIs alone.
The main problem with SSRIs is they reduce dopamine transmission, perhaps even after they have ceased. That maybe why they cause Anhedonia & PSSD.
With symptoms that are sexual, or with Anhedonia, adding Wellbutrin or Nortriptyline to the SSRI synergises the AD & Anti anxiety effects.

I found using a dopamine boosting drug on its own wasn't enough, and i still had alot of depressive symptoms. It's only when i combine an SSRI & NRI, that i get a robust effect.
wellbutrin is primarily an NRI and a very weak DRI in mice. in humans it hasn't been shown to increase dopamine although in animal studies it did inhibit Dopamine transporters by 15-17%.. even an NRI would increase dopamine more than wellbutrin in humans

Jaiho you can't expect poison to treat poison.studies show that SSRI decrease dopamine transmission by increasing Dopamine transporter, forcing serotonin in the dopamine terminals and activating various receptors that inhibits dopamine release and as well as increase serotonin transmission by down-regulating SERT and several serotonin receptors .. even if you bring up dopamine to optimal levels you are still left with serotonin malfunction and that is like the major problem..

by taking SSRI you would only make the problem worse
escitalopramsucks

Unread post by escitalopramsucks »

Jaio. You are wrong. Pssd can interfere in romantic feelings too. Is not due to depression although it makes the romantic bluntness words