discussing the problem with family or friends - Mike23 OP

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Moloch

discussing the problem with family or friends - Mike23 OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:07 am

does anyone have any tips or ideas on how to discuss this problem with family or friends ?

I have been very distressed with this and even thought of sucide at one point. It's really hard for me to handle this problem, but I just focus on work, and other distractions.

as far as discussing this with family, like with my mom, I have just been saying that I have a problem with pain, when going to the bathroom, (which I had a little bit at one point)

does anyone have any other ideas on what to say to family or friends?

the subject just comes up with my mom, and I say I need treatment and a doctor to look at me. Even though I have been to the doctor, it's taking time for him to understand what is really going on, and how severe it is , and it's not just a "mood I am in", it's been a year since I really was able to have sex, nothing works at all.

she will ask me what the problem is, and I kind of say that I have pain, and it's affecting me, and stuff,

Me and my mom are very close and we often go hiking and walking, and we talk about lots of things.

it's not really a subject I want to discuss with her, obviously, and how I am sad and kind of hopeless because I had/have this health problem.

any ideas would be appreciatted. thanks
Moloch

Re: discussing the problem with family or friends - Mike23 OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:08 am

If you are particularly close with your mom, and especially if you live with her, then you really should tell her. It's definitely embarrassing. Very few people who actually know me outside of the anonymity of the internet know about my problem. I have discussed it with my wife, my ex-wife, and a doctor. I think those may be the only people who actually know. Several girl friends have known I had some sexual problems, and really everyone I have had sex with at least knew that something wasn't quite right.

If the subject comes up, you just need to take a deep breath, and then out with it.

I always find it difficult to talk to someone about it, but I have to at least mention it to anyone I would have sex with. She has to understand what she's getting herself into.
Moloch

Re: discussing the problem with family or friends - Mike23 OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:09 am

thanks.