Wellbutrin

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
silverstar

Re: Micro dosing wellbutrin

Unread post by silverstar »

Hi everybody thanks for answering me so quickly on the Forum. Bunny i have had my hormones tested everything is normal I have been on the progesterone only pill for about 3 years and I never had a problem with it it was only when I went cold turkey off of the 5-HTP that I started having this problem overnight. I had my testosterone progesterone and estrogen tested and everything came out normal. Thanks for the advice though I appreciate it.

I just can't believe in the extreme loss of sensitivity it's almost unbearable like I almost don't even believe it's going on but it really is.

Beyond the loss of sensitivity and all sexual feelings down there there's no connection with my mind or anything and also my nipples are numb and have no sexual feelings in them whatsoever where are used to be very sensitive there as well.

Living like this is just so excruciating and it's so humiliating.

Anyway...I'll continue my supplements and trying to stay positive. I'll report back on wellbutrin micro dose if I decide to start that.
Foxx

Unread post by Foxx »

Interesting idea. No one has tried that yet.

NRIs like Desipramine, Reboxetine (awful), Mianserin, Ginkgo? are reported to increase serotonin transporter among others so who knows.
silverstar

I've got a stock pile of wellbutrin here from doctor's trying to help me. I'll order the ginkgo tonight. Really hoping I reclaim my energy and feelings! I'm getting desperate :(
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

hey bunny.. so when did you get your estrogen checked ? was it just recently ? or did it correspond with the high libido ?
I had it checked back in May, but didn't bother to look at the numbers because the doctor just said they were "normal." Last month I actually sat down and looked at them and I saw that the estradiol/progesterone values were out of range. I brought it up to him at the next appointment and he said that did seem unusual, and he was going to put me on progesterone to balance it out. I never had my hormones tested before then, so I don't know what they were like when my libido was high.

silverstar, I feel for you, your symptoms sound so similar to mine, especially when you say your mind doesn't connect to sex anymore. I'm glad your hormones are normal. I'm wondering if you have tried inositol powder at all? It didn't do anything for me, personally, but I have heard really good things about it.
Female
Various SSRI's for OCD 2001-2003; no sexual SE's
300mg Zoloft 2003-2007; no sexual SE's (tapered off Mar. 2007)
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
silverstar

I have been on inositol before it didn't do much. The issue seems very deep somehow. Very ingrained. I try to find in my mind where im broken but I just feel "blank" this is probably why doctor's won't listen to me. I can't really explain myself. I'm also terrified they will lock me up for being crazy or something. It's the medical mafia out there. I need to find practitioners I can trust to even speak about this.
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

As far as I know, you have to trial high doses (like, 12-18 grams) for at least a month.

Definitely look for an integrative psychiatrist or a holistic practitioner if you can -- I got absolutely nowhere speaking to conventional psychiatrists. I really like the doctor I have now. I found him googling "holistic psychiatry".
Female
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
silverstar

Great idea thanks :)
forexworld12

Unread post by forexworld12 »

Bunny wrote:
hey bunny.. so when did you get your estrogen checked ? was it just recently ? or did it correspond with the high libido ?
I had it checked back in May, but didn't bother to look at the numbers because the doctor just said they were "normal." Last month I actually sat down and looked at them and I saw that the estradiol/progesterone values were out of range. I brought it up to him at the next appointment and he said that did seem unusual, and he was going to put me on progesterone to balance it out. I never had my hormones tested before then, so I don't know what they were like when my libido was high..
so i would take it your estrogen was high from may and between this you started to have great windows !
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

I'd say my really good windows -- where I was, like, 110 percent -- came on and off between 2009 and 2014 (when I was still taking Wellbutrin -- I took a couple years off from it after that and had a really bad time with anhedonia). I never thought to test my hormones back then. My doctor told me my high estrogen might be one reason my sex drive was so low.

I've had some decent windows this year, but nothing like in the past. I'm hoping the oral progesterone will help with that.
Female
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
heyitsmepssd2

Wellbutrin - Initial Libido Spike

Unread post by heyitsmepssd2 »

Hi All,

Recently tried Wellbutrin, when I went up to 300 I had a considerable boost in libido however that only lasted a couple of days and then nothing.

Anyone with a similar experience?