Wellbutrin

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
elkikko

Re: BUPROPION & PSSD: experiences

Unread post by elkikko »

My emotions are ok. So is My cure
elkikko

Unread post by elkikko »

No. My emotions were ok also with ssri. I want bupropion if it Will fix libido and arousal
north4

Unread post by north4 »

this creapy stuff made my erections worse... be aware of NORADRENALIN reuptake inhibiotors !
Whatsapp join https://thinfi.com/cck5 password: pssd
Facebook join https://www.facebook.com/groups/postssrisexdysfunction
https://youtu.be/BIVe6Uf5pn8

PLEASE REGISTER TO FORUM AND WRITE YOUR STORY - TAKE PART IN TRAIL AND ERROR
Postanti

Unread post by Postanti »

I recently experimented with Bupropion and my experience was mostly negative. I used 150mg SR for approximately 3 weeks. Symptoms included Increase in Depression, Increase in Insomnia, Mood Instability, Vivid Dreams. In terms of sexual symptoms I had increased sensitivity however worsened ED.

I could see how a drug like this may improve Anhedonia. I found that the increase in emotional flux from it also reduced my feelings of derealization; however it wasn't worth the instability I experienced in association with it.

I decided to stop the drug and have returned back to my baseline within a few days.
Octopus

Unread post by Octopus »

I started seeing a new psychiatrist and he prescribed Wellbutrin for me. I’ve taken Wellbutrin before, about 7 years ago, before I had PSSD. I would say that at best it did nothing and at worst it made my anxiety worse. I can’t remember what the side effects were like or if there were sexual side effects.

I explained to the doctor I’m seeing now that I have PSSD and Wellbutrin was the only thing he could think of that might help. I’m thinking of giving it another try but I’m scared since I know some people here have had bad experiences with it. I myself had a bad experience when I was taking it but I’m not sure whether the Wellbutrin was to blame or if it was a coincidence.

Also I don’t really understand the study posted above. Wellbutrin desensitizes the 5-HT1A receptor? Isn’t that what SSRIs do and what causes PSSD? So why would wellbutrin help PSSD and not make it worse?
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

ryandaking wrote:I was on bupropion 450mg a day for 2yrs for depression and PSSD due to Remeron discontinuation. I'd say it had marginal impact on sexual function. Maybe 10-15% improvement. I've recently transitioned off bupropion in order to rule out the norepinephrine effects. It's been 3wks and my erections are slightly improved but the numbness and anorgasmia have worsened a bit.
Is should be noted that Remeron is not an SSRI, and therefore technically the problems you have are not SSRI/PSSD related. Any lingering effects you have would likely be caused by a different mechanism than PSSD, and therefore Bupropion may have a different effect on you than someone who was on an SSRI.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
EndofLife

Wellbutrin

Unread post by EndofLife »

Has anyone tried bupropion forPSSD? Did it increase arousal or libido?
iull1k

Re: Wellbutrin

Unread post by iull1k »

You tried to use search bar?
Animus

Unread post by Animus »

I tried bupropion XL 150-300 mg for 2 weeks (some days crushing the tablets), recently. Even went as high as 750 mg/day for a few days. Even mega doses do nothing. No stimulation, no libido increase, no mood improvement. I did notice dry and stinky mouth. My pills were legit, because one time I tried chewing one and half of my mouth went numb. Will try CWE and insufflation when I buy some coffee filters. Toilet paper is not such a good filter...
But what I think worked is a combination of sleep deprivation for around 18 hours and 500 mg of caffeine (1.5 liters of energy drinks)
This thread should be moved to Treatments and experimentation though.
Edit: Actually, caffeine does nothing. But sleep deprivation consistently produces good results.
Last edited by Animus on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tenyears27

Unread post by Tenyears27 »

It worked for me. I was jacking it ten times a day on 75mg. It gradually wore off so I tossed them. No withdrawals