We are wasting time and energy: everyone MUST know about PSSD

Topics related to activism.
GIXXER

Re: We are wasting time and energy: everyone MUST know about PSSD

Unread post by GIXXER »

I know what depression is because I experienced it before taking AD's.

The last 4 years Ive been AD free except for the low dosing Ive been trying this last month. In those 4 years I would say I'm not depressed other than dealing with PSSD.

If depression is the cause of PSSD, why did I have a great sex life before AD's even though I was extremely depressed?

It just makes no sense to me, and why I cant agree with your theory that PSSD is caused by under laying depression.
Foxx

Unread post by Foxx »

Agree. Prevention. That should be our no1. However I believe better place for that is survivingantidepressants.com, here nobody really cares. PSSD and permanent brain alterations should be on every drug leaflet.

I appreciate forming own theories, doubt, tinkering, etc, but I think you're wrong jaiho. Imo you should taper off your SSRI asap, TCAs are probably "safer". Don't get me wrong I'm really happy you're doing good, but you're doing good on meds man. SSRI lose their effectiveness over time because the're damaging (yeah, damaging) your brain, which fact is being hidden from public because of money most likely. There is possibility that in two years time your combo will loose its effectivenes and then what? you'll be fuc*ed up ultimately. Don't know your dosage, but you shouldn't load SSRI in full force. Think about it man.
jaiho wrote:If you think it's poison, then the poison can also be the cure, correctly applied.
Short term.

You can cure yourself by exercises, diet, keeping damaging thoughts at bay, etc, etc. SSRI+TCA is not a cure. It's a trick, could hide some symtoms, but I really, really doubt that combo could heal anything long term. Stuff about depression is a BS.

Imo it's about SERT and consequently desensitized 5-HT1A, overflooded with serotonin synapse, low neuron firing rate, 2A/2C alterations and so on. Kind of "clogged sink" syndrome.

Say on that stuff for 3 months and then taper off SSRI slowly, otherwise you'll fu*k your brain FOR LIFE.
jaiho

Unread post by jaiho »

If you want to believe in pseudoscience thats fine. It's all a conspiracy to fuck our brains and keep us buying from evil big pharma isn't it
I just want to help people here and bring some back to reality.
Meds help millions of people. Sure, they aren't a cure. But they put symptoms in remission.
Many people need meds to function. I'm one of them. If you are fine living with no sex drive and numb genitals thats up to you.
But these drugs are proven to be safe, by evidence based literature.
Coraggio

Unread post by Coraggio »

I suggest to create teams of work! Ten people for every team. One team talk with radio, another one to magazines and other teams target some psychiatrics who recognize PSSD like dr. Healy, dr. Stuart Shipko etc. etc. We need a boss in the activism activity who recruits people for every team and who organizes every task.
sjv16477

Re: We are wasting time and energy: everyone MUST know about PS

Unread post by sjv16477 »

silverstar wrote:Sites and celebrity doctors excetera who would pick up this story ( and would be sympathetic to our cause because they believe in natural medicine and the damaging properties of drugs) and bring it to a wide audience:

Naturalnews.com (the health warrior)
Dr. Mercola
Thrive movie / community
Dr. Kelly Brogan
Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
Natural cures not medicine on Facebook
Dr. Peter bregen

More controversial:
Above top-secret
Before it's news (you can publish your own article)
Alex jones?
Deepak Chopra

Can you write to this people?? Please do it quickly! It's a very good idea to write to popoular sites and celebrity but we need reliable people, like doctor and journalist and not antiscience people like the one who believe in pseudoscience or similar. People must to believe in our history and we need to make our voice heard by scientific world, are you sure that these people are a reliable? If yes please share the email addresses, the messages that you sended to them because also other people can send other messages to them: only when the same history is told by a lot of people it will take serously into account. We are a lot of people, please make our voices heard!!

What about MD Peter Breggin??
Last edited by sjv16477 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coraggio

Unread post by Coraggio »

We need every people in the forum. We can' t stay here for free. Every member has to do something for PSSD. This forum has to become a ONG. This is my opinion. Like anonymous we should fight to ours goals.
sjv16477

Coraggio wrote:I suggest to create teams of work! Ten people for every team. One team talk with radio, another one to magazines and other teams target some psychiatrics who recognize PSSD like dr. Healy, dr. Stuart Shipko etc. etc. We need a boss in the activism activity who recruits people for every team and who organizes every task.
I' m agree whit you but this division of work is very hard to do... for first you can write to science magazine and inquiry TV program in your country telling your story! Can you do it?
fasttrack1982

Unread post by fasttrack1982 »

I think part of the probelm is that many of us (myself included) have not told any of the people in our lives that we suffer PSSD out of shame and embarassment. This prevents us from coming out of our hiding places and speaking to the media and the medical world, as that would require us to reveal our identiity. Its amazing how important social acceptance is that we would rather suffer in silence than pursue a research etc...
sjv16477

fasttrack1982 wrote:I think part of the probelm is that many of us (myself included) have not told any of the people in our lives that we suffer PSSD out of shame and embarassment. This prevents us from coming out of our hiding places and speaking to the media and the medical world, as that would require us to reveal our identiity. Its amazing how important social acceptance is that we would rather suffer in silence than pursue a research etc...
You can write email to journal or magazines of TV program, or tell your story to journalist asking them to stay anonimous!
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Glad to see the conversation return to the purpose of the thread. I expect it to stay that way.

My views:

1 - PSSD is real. I don't think anyone here denies that. Denying PSSD is not allowed on this site. Overtly denying the existence of PSSD will result in being banned. That being said, people can disagree on what causes PSSD. @Jaiho, you claim that after you went on an SSRI + TCA that PSSD went away. I believe you, but I disagree that it's due to depression being relived alone, and think that reinstating the SSRI likely did something chemical as well. I can't prove that though, and therefore your testimony is allowed on this forum. Depression CAN cause a lack of sex drive, BUT that is not what I think 99% of people here are struggling with. I also still haven't seen a single paper ever saying that depression alone can cause numb genitals. Until that paper is published in a journal, I don't want people to talk about depression causing lack of genital sensation.

2 - I hate when fighting occurs on here.

3 - I hate cleaning up fights

4 - This same debate has happened so many times already, and I'm sick of being forced to intervene each time.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)