We are wasting time and energy: everyone MUST know about PSSD

Topics related to activism.
sjv16477

We are wasting time and energy: everyone MUST know about PSSD

Unread post by sjv16477 »

I invite you to think about what is the main problem of PSSD: that doctors, researchers, pharmacologists, journalist media and people don't know the existence of PSSD. No one (maybe also a lot of people who suffer of it) knows that SSRI cause a so severe damage. No one exept us. Then there's no surprise that when a person actually suffering of PSSD say to his doctor that he is dealing whit emotional blunting and sexual dysfunction after SSRI whitdrawal, the doctor will think (in a absolutely reasonable and rational way) that those are the typical symptoms of a depressive disorder, or residual depression, or a form of anxiety or somatization or otherwise some other absolutely reasonable psychoanalytic explanation. Besides, put yourself in the shoes of a doctor who years of publications and research have said that antidepressant induced sexual dysfunction are always reversible whit the whitdrawal and emotional blunting and sexual dysfunction are typical symptoms of depression; then a person who is suffering or suffered of some form of depression or other psychiatric problem tell him an absurd, illogical e never heard story about persistent side effects of antidepressant that he learned on a internet forum. No one will take you seriously.

The fundamental problem of this disorder is IGNORANCE.

I have spoken to at least 5 psychiatrists, all authors of studies and publications about antidepressants (and then experts in this field) and no of them knew about PSSD and in fact classified the issue as an atypical form of depression, advising me to come back to take antidepressant.

We can stay for years on this forum to speculate about the cause of the PSSD, studing deeply every single publication looking for an answer, trying micro-doses of a drug or big dose of each possible vitamin or herbal supplments.

Let's think about this: do you really believe that remaining closed in this reasurring oasis speculating about some bioogical phenomena and doing small experiments like an alchemist will lead to a solution? I think not. And even if we will obtain a solid and reasonable theory about PSSD causes, biology and resolution, do you think that it will be taken seriously into account by researchers and scientists? No, because without the solid and resonable work of researchers, experiments and experimental model to study everything we say aboput PSSD is only an opinion without any evidence: only whit the work of researcher will be concrete answer. But if no one know about the existence of PSSD, research will never start. And the only one research team (like the one that is currently conducting research) hardly will come quickly to discover. We needs worldwide groups dedicated to this work.

In order to lead scientific wordl to investigate about PSSD we have to create interest in the topic, trigger a public debate and brought to the attention of citizens and doctors. We cannot do this if we remain confinated into the forums.

Antidepressants are among the most selled drugs in the world, millions of people take them and they move billions of dollars. Think about if every single people will know that antidepressant may kill them emotively, probably no one will want to take antidepressant anymore.

As long as we remain a small group of depressed people closed in a forum, pharmaceutical companies can prevent that PSSD will become a puublic issue, leaving PSSD as a scientific curiosity limited to few unlucky depressed people. But if everyone will start to take SSRI, the only thing that pharmaceutical company can do in order to prevent the loose of their goldmine (read the selling of antidepressant) is to find a solution to the problem.

This is the big difference between who suffer from PSSD and tho ones who suffers of post finasteride syndrome: they went on tv, they told their story to newspapers, TV broadcasts and researchers. They created a foundation that funds researches and today there are already dozens of pubblications about post finasteride syndrome and people and doctors are now aware of it. And that is a drug used by very few people (ie men with baldness and prostate problem) and on the market for less years than antidepressant. How is possible that, converserly,thousands of people who suffer from PSSD probably since dozens of years have not been able to do the same. It 's really amazing. We must to wake up and fight because every people have to know antidepressants are not harmless candy able to make us happier, but actually drugs that can damage the most important part of our body.

What to do then? For example, I contacted every single TV broadcast and inquiry tv programs, journal and tv journal in my country telling him about the problem and asking him to talk about it. I contacted magazines and experts and opinionist on antidepressant and psychiatric. I spoke at least whit 5 different researchers and doctors that now have, at least, heard about PSSD. But only one person will definitely ignored. But if so many people tell the same story it will be taken seriously into account.

What are you waiting to do the same?

The first people you have to write to are:

-media and investigative programs and magazines

-journalists and activists

-Researchers dealing with damage on psychotropic substances or on post finasteride syndrome

-Associations of people damaged by drugs

Please people Wake up.
silverstar

Re: We are wasting time and energy: everyone MUST know about PSSD

Unread post by silverstar »

I agree. Unfortunately with our case doctor's can simply dismiss it as depression. Where with pfs they can't say that. It's having the scapegoat of depression and the social stigma that surrounds mental illness.

It's clear everyone hates hair loss. The second you throw depression into the mix people think you're delusional. No one will blame you for your hair loss. But people are still blaming people for their "mental conditions" it's a much bigger issue.

Im all about getting people to wake up and recognize this....but we have to educate them that this loss of sexual function is severe and nothing like simple depression loss of libido.

I don't know the answer but I feel it's it educating people that this isn't just some loss of spark or love or something. It's a debilitating condition caused by some malfunction in the brain. It's complex which is why no one will touch it.

** finding people who took ssris for other conditions not depression which resulted in pssd would be the best candidates for research because then researchers can't say that the patient is still depressed. Since these people never had depression to begin with and maybe they took an SSRI for chronic pain and then ended up with pssd these would be the prime candidates for research and study in my opinion.**
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Agreed.

Lets form a list of media companies to campaign too.

We hit them like church groups do when they complain to advertisers.
future-recovery

Unread post by future-recovery »

I agree, too.
We need a big campaign with a PSSD info website.

Even if they say that they think it does not exist, solely ignoring the possibility that PSSD exists is unethical.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
future-recovery

Unread post by future-recovery »

We should create a PSSD twitter account for this. Not everybody visits www.pssdforum.com every day.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Twitter account is a great idea.

I tweet to celebrity Dr's like Dr. Drew
silverstar

Sites and celebrity doctors excetera who would pick up this story ( and would be sympathetic to our cause because they believe in natural medicine and the damaging properties of drugs) and bring it to a wide audience:

Naturalnews.com (the health warrior)
Dr. Mercola
Thrive movie / community
Dr. Kelly Brogan
Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
Natural cures not medicine on Facebook
Dr. Peter bregen

More controversial:
Above top-secret
Before it's news (you can publish your own article)
Alex jones?
Deepak Chopra
silverstar

Doctors who buy into the pharmaceutical system and were bought by the corporate media are not going to be able to speak out against ssris because of the huge Mental Health crisis we have in America right now and in the world. We will have to find celebrity doctors and brands that will be sympathetic to our cause who are anti big Pharma, anti big agriculture ect. Basically medical doctors and people who can speak out against this will not want to be sued by anybody who "went off of their medication" because it had a potential to cause a permanent type sexual dysfunction. We will have to go through different channels and news outlets are used to being whistleblowers and that are used to releasing controversial information (that's the list I gave above) those are the people who fight against these big companies and are not afraid to do so.
Blackout

Unread post by Blackout »

I'm thinking in writing a novel about this nightmare. Yet, the mere action of recounting five years of hell (and the previous not-so-hellish hell that brought me to sertraline) makes me even more sick and trapped in deep despair. Knowing that even if I have success writing a novel about this won't be of any personal benefit for me regarding my health and my quality of life doesn't help me to motivate me much. Also, the fact that my particular case, my particular history has a lot of psychiatric disorders within, makes it less possible that my PSSD point of view gets attention. I'm not the ideal case to take as a parameter.

But I will try anyway.
future-recovery wrote: Even if they say that they think it does not exist, solely ignoring the possibility that PSSD exists is unethical.
My psychiatrist, who tells me that she believes me although her actions don't match her words, thinks that I had what she called an idiosyncratic reaction to sertraline. And she told me that every doctor must report any adverse effects of any drug in any of their patients. Yet I don't know of any psychiatrist that has reported this to the FDA or whoever.
silverstar

Idiosyncratic, okay so I just looked it up and that's having a bizarre or adverse reaction to a drug in an unintended matter

id·i·o·path·ic idiopathic is having no root cause or theories why a disease or something is happening so I think both of these terms are applicable to our condition

We had an idiosyncratic reaction to a medication drug or supplement or anything else and now we're having idiopathic symptoms which they cannot find the root cause of