We are wasting time and energy: everyone MUST know about PSSD

Topics related to activism.
silverstar

Re: We are wasting time and energy: everyone MUST know about PSSD

Unread post by silverstar »

Naturalnews.com has over 2 million Facebook followers and they hate big pharma .... perfect outlet to target
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

We need a huge A list celebrity or TV Show to get this out.

I think Ellen would probably give it the national exposure it deserves.
Chessboxin

Unread post by Chessboxin »

Jaiho, but what happens when "professionals and experts" give us this poison and we, the inexperts, get shit like this?
Chessboxin

Unread post by Chessboxin »

So basically you´re saying that PSSD doesn´t exist and that we are depressed? that´s it? see, I wasn´t really depressed till SSRI stripped my sexuality, then I become depressed. I took SSRI for mild depression, I always had depression but my sexuality worked always, till SSRI, and even when I quitted SSRI I wasn´t depressed, but PSSD continued. Then I become really depressed because of this PSSD. You can´t say that´s it´s only our mental health, depression doesn´t cause numbing on the genitals, doesn´t cause total lack of erectyle function and even shrinking, I have been thru really really depressing times, extremely suicidal and even then, my sexuality worked. Jacked off two times a day or had regular sex with rock hard erections.

I know my body. I took accutane in 2008 and still suffer from side effects, permanent ones, so yes, a couple of pills could do that damage, that´s the true.
fablecloth

Unread post by fablecloth »

jaiho wrote:It isn't poison. It's your mental health getting worse.
Ive seen people blame simple 5htp pills for giving them PSSD.
People will find any way to blame something for their own problems. I only realised this once i found the right psychiatrist that brought me back full sexual function.
You got to keep trying different meds to sort you out.
I disagree. Some years ago I had much worse anxiety than I have now, but I had a strong libido and no issues with sexual functioning. In fact, that caused much frustration at the time - that I wanted to meet and have relationships with people, but couldn't due to my anxiety.

Now, I've learnt to deal with my anxiety, and am a functioning member of society with friends, interests, etc. - but my sexual functioning is close to zero. Sometimes I actually long for the days when my anxiety was worse, just to be able to experience what it once felt like to have sexual urges and to feel human.

Your post implies that: 1) PSSD doesn't exist; and 2) mediation will solve our problems. I don't think that's a helpful attitude to take on a forum like this.

No doubt there are many people (including people on these forums) that may possibly have low sexual functioning purely due to mental health issues, but I know for myself that my mental health used to be much worse than it is now, but my function was intact.

I'd welcome you to post medication combinations that may work in restoring mental health without causing sexual side effects, but undermining the very reason this forums exists is, I think, counter-productive.
fablecloth

Unread post by fablecloth »

I should also say I'm glad you seem to have found something that worked for you. I agree that medication per se is not the problem, but that there is perhaps a proportion of the general population that has a heightened sensitivity to sexual side effects of ADs such that those side effects persist after treatment - just as there are people with unusual allergies (e.g. to garlic/onion, and even gluten intolerance).

As frightened I am of taking medication anymore, I'd give anything to come across a combination that both assists with my residual anxiety and restores sexual functioning. If you have any ideas, I'd have no reason not to consider trying them out.
jaiho

Unread post by jaiho »

I listed the combination that helped in my other thread if you'd like to see it. It was suggested by a renowned psychiatrist with expertise in serotonin syndrome, and augmentations.
While alot of people will regain their libido & sexual pleasure by going on SSRIs alone, theres many who need augmentations. And some will get worsened symptoms after coming off the SSRI, which can happen.

http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=816
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

so I made a clearer leaflet

Informed consent: A hidden secret

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2fWvJ ... pEMUk/view
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
silverstar

Unread post by silverstar »

jaiho wrote:And some will get worsened symptoms after coming off the SSRI, which can happen.
http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=816
How and why does it happen?

That's what pssd is ..sexual dysfunction that develops after SSRI drugs and other drugs as listed on Risk.

I think we all agree something happened to us post pharmaceutical use and yes 5htp is a prescription in some places. It has not been extensively tested for long term use it might very well be more dangerous than an SSRI well never know because no one is willing to unify and study this stuff at this time.

Everyone's input is appreciated but, let's try to keep an open mind. We all have different drugs and life circumstances that brought us here. Something very disturbing and wrong clearly happened to all of us. Why else would we be here writing on this forum?
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

There's a huge difference and why I disagree with your theory Jaiho, and I believe most on here will agree with me.

Before I started taking antidepressants I had a great sex life, would want sex, could feel it and have an emotional connection with it.

After Antidepressants I have no desire for sex, and have no little to no enjoyment if I do have it. Nor do I have that feeling of wanting to cuddle, and if I do there is no feeling to it. No loneliness feelings of wanting a connection to someone.

Best why to describe it is pre-antidepressants if there was a naked Angelina Jolie in bed wanting me to sexually please her I would be all over her. I would do whatever it would take to please her sexually, and would want to cuddle afterwards.

Post-antidepressants she could be laying in bed begging me to have sex with her, and I wouldn't be interested at all. No desire at all. Even if I did manage to get a bit of a sex drive and was able to achieve an erection I would not get any satisfaction or pleasure from it. It would feel very mechanical, numb, and I wouldnt want to cuddle afterwards.

Im not attacking you I just disagree with you that PSSD is caused by depression. I may consider trying your protocol in the future though.