Visual Imagination

Polls.

How is your visual imagination relative to before medication/withdrawal?

Much Worse
66%
Little Worse
17%
The Same
17%
Little Better
No votes
Much Better
No votes

Total votes: 35
Snbshocker711

Re: Visual Imagination

Unread post by Snbshocker711 »

Not trying to make anyone feel bad or act like a jerk but I think this is a
Bit ridiculous. I can have visual imagination. I don’t lose my thinking process. The only disconnect I have is sexual because I can’t hold an erection. Even though my sexuality is a huge part of my life. It’s not everything and I try not to let it consume me. It’s when you are down about it everyday and focus only on that when all the other issues become more real. It’s hard at times but start thinking more positive and obsessing. I bet a lot of your issues will fade when you do that.
Snbshocker711

Unread post by Snbshocker711 »

Not trying to make anyone feel bad or act like a jerk but I think this is a
Bit ridiculous. I can have visual imagination. I don’t lose my thinking process. The only disconnect I have is sexual because I can’t hold an erection. Wen I feel horny and masterbate and force an erection the vision is clear but visually without physical stimulation, nothing and that’s it. I’m in school and can still focus on work and get great grades. Even though my sexuality is a huge part of my life. It’s not everything and I try not to let it consume me. It’s when you are down about it everyday and focus only on that when all the other issues become more real. It’s hard at times but start thinking more positive and obsessing. I bet a lot of your issues will fade when you do that.
Dubya_B

Unread post by Dubya_B »

Not sure how it is so difficult to understand that some of our imaginations have become dulled and less vivid. This includes everyday, run-of-the-mill mental images, as well as sexual fantasies. Maybe it's something you have to experience first-hand to comprehend? There is some neurological component to this syndrome for the majority, as if part of our brain is not functioning or communicating properly.

Plain and simple, it doesn't have anything to do with obsessing over the negatives. It's just something we used to have that is gone, with no apparent explanation of why it happened.
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

Dubya_B wrote:Not sure how it is so difficult to understand that some of our imaginations have become dulled and less vivid. This includes everyday, run-of-the-mill mental images, as well as sexual fantasies. Maybe it's something you have to experience first-hand to comprehend? There is some neurological component to this syndrome for the majority, as if part of our brain is not functioning or communicating properly.

Plain and simple, it doesn't have anything to do with obsessing over the negatives. It's just something we used to have that is gone, with no apparent explanation of why it happened.
x1000
The symptom is not imagined. Maybe a clue to our issue, but I don't know nuero science that deeply. Just like loss of ability to dream could be a clue.