A positive update

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
HereToHeal

Re: A positive update

Unread post by HereToHeal »

Hi mrstaircase, thank you so much for the update!!

So to be clear, you didnt use Berberine at all.
You just cycled Clomid and Novaldex, correct?
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

HereToHeal wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:37 pm Hi mrstaircase, thank you so much for the update!!

So to be clear, you didnt use Berberine at all.
You just cycled Clomid and Novaldex, correct?
He did use berberine, see my link to his initial story a couple posts up
Yellow99

Unread post by Yellow99 »

Hi,

do you (or anyone else who has some knowledge with this) think if I try this as a woman it could be successful? I don’t want to get a beard or something
fuckthisisscience

Unread post by fuckthisisscience »

Hi mrstaircase,

Are you still well?
Which symptoms did you have before your trial?
Very interesting post, thank you.
- Medical Student - finishing in late 2020
- interested in PSSD (and sexual health in general), no sufferer
--> Androgen hypothesis
- wanting to research PSSD
- been reading numerous scientific articles about possible aspects of of PSSD
pii

Unread post by pii »

Hi man did u start feeling better on clomid Ore on nolva ?
mrstaircase wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:11 pm I've been wanting to post this update since the forums went down. Glad it came back up.

Keeping this update short but detailed to keep keep it clear.
After my previous trials with berberine I've been doing 3 attempts to restart my HPTA for the previous 9 months.
I had been running 2 weeks of clomid 25mg a day followed by a week of nolvadex 50mg a day. Followed by a month of pause.
The third time I attempted doing this something stuck and I experienced a 2 week period of hyperandrogenism, followed by what I perceive as a stabilized androgen state.
This state has improved all my sexual functions to an extreme and has stabilized my mood.

As of now my only remaining symptoms are a diminished response to emotions (either high or low).
I would actually say that objectively I'm now in a state that's better than my pre-pssd state. But I'm also aware it's not 'correct' because a damper on my emotions is not natural.
Subjectively I'm on the way to being cured and I praise myself very lucky to be where I am, and I believe I'm not far away from complete recovery.

Apologies for the formal reporting, I figured just stating the facts would keep it as clean as possible.
I'm happy to answer all your questions but be sure to read my posts before you do so.
John321

Unread post by John321 »

Just posting to give some hope to people. I have had pssd for 2 yrs. I started off getting windows once or twice a month maybe. Slowly with time things stand at that I have almost full functioning 15-20 days a month. Even on the bad days i can have sex with my partner. Need a little more arousal on those days. On my Good days i can fuck 3 times a day. I have tried supplements but they only made things worse. All I've been doing is eat a very very healthy diet, lose weight and exercise. I'm 30 pounds lighter than i was 2 yrs ago. I don't have a solution as most of my recovery I'll credit it to time. I'm posting this to give hope to atleast 1 person.
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

John321 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:23 am Just posting to give some hope to people. I have had pssd for 2 yrs. I started off getting windows once or twice a month maybe. Slowly with time things stand at that I have almost full functioning 15-20 days a month. Even on the bad days i can have sex with my partner. Need a little more arousal on those days. On my Good days i can fuck 3 times a day. I have tried supplements but they only made things worse. All I've been doing is eat a very very healthy diet, lose weight and exercise. I'm 30 pounds lighter than i was 2 yrs ago. I don't have a solution as most of my recovery I'll credit it to time. I'm posting this to give hope to atleast 1 person.
Thanks for your words. Gives me a bit hope. I also made things worse with every supplement I tried so far.
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

John321 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:23 am Just posting to give some hope to people. I have had pssd for 2 yrs. I started off getting windows once or twice a month maybe. Slowly with time things stand at that I have almost full functioning 15-20 days a month. Even on the bad days i can have sex with my partner. Need a little more arousal on those days. On my Good days i can fuck 3 times a day. I have tried supplements but they only made things worse. All I've been doing is eat a very very healthy diet, lose weight and exercise. I'm 30 pounds lighter than i was 2 yrs ago. I don't have a solution as most of my recovery I'll credit it to time. I'm posting this to give hope to atleast 1 person.
Thanks for letting us know. Did you always have windows or they just started happening as of lately?
John321

Unread post by John321 »

Markc1113 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:59 pm
Thanks for letting us know. Did you always have windows or they just started happening as of lately?
I got my first window 2 months off the SSRI. The frequency of the windows has increased with time. From twice a month at max to 20 days a month now. I hope to get 100% functioning soon but from 0% functioning to almost 80% functioning i have come a long way.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

My hair thinned after a single dose of sertraline so I'm thinking the "antidepressants" most likely affect DHT in one way or another (I'm reading how too much DHT can thin hair). Now my thin hair doesn't bothers me as much but is still messed up it happened at all when all I wanted was help from a psychiatrist, the irony, I know.. I'm thinking to get a shampoo that blocks DHT.

From your post I get you had low DHT? Seems to me, seeing how I got my hair thinned it possibly raised the DHT in me..or something..hair looks healthier than the first weeks after cessation but still not as before and still rather thin.

Anyway I think this androgen, estrogen etc stuff probably has more weight than other hypothesis..at least regarding sexual effects.

For de-numbing of emotions.. I suggest you make an effort to cry..to feel your emotions as painful as they may be.. I suggest listening to melancholy music, closing your eyes and making a conscious effort to feel it and cry.. until the tears come out.. if anything one can cry for oneself, no? Debussy, Chopin.. any music you think can make you cry. Can't promise you it'll help you but worth a shot, no?

Let us know how you doing