Nilotinib has potential

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
AnhedonicApe

Nilotinib has potential

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Sup everyone.

I am a big believer of the theory that several of our genes are silenced due to the ssri. This thread explains it all: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... epigenetic

To unsilence these genes, we need to demethylate (unsilence) them. The only true demethylation agents out there are 2 chemos called Aza en Deca. I am on a quest to get treatment of these agents, which is very hard to do. On this ''quest'' i have found something very interesting. Over the past few years a chemo called nilotinib has been given in low doses to parkinson patients with great succes.

''An FDA-approved drug for leukemia improved cognition, motor skills and non-motor function in patients with Parkinson’s disease and Lewy body dementia in a small phase I clinical trial, report researchers at Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) in Washington. In addition, the drug, nilotinib (Tasigna® by Novartis), led to statistically significant and encouraging changes in toxic proteins linked to disease progression (biomarkers).'' https://gumc.georgetown.edu/news-releas ... cal-trial/

I didn't understand why this would work untill i found this article: ''Inactivation of Receptor Tyrosine Kinases Reverts Aberrant DNA Methylation in Acute Myeloid Leukemia'' Nilotinib has this effect, it's mentioned in the article itself https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/tr ... 8b445b688a

I think there might be a chance that this low dose use of nilotinib can be beneficial for us. Me myself, i would rather go for Aza or Deca, but the nilotinib is way easier to try yoursef, it can be taken in pillform. I am interested in what you guys think.
Takemeback

Re: Nilotinib has potential

Unread post by Takemeback »

I think its about time someone tries a demethylating agent. It seems like everyone believes in the epigenetic theory of pssd but no one is willing to try anything drastic.
AnhedonicApe

Takemeback wrote:I think its about time someone tries a demethylating agent. It seems like everyone believes in the epigenetic theory of pssd but no one is willing to try anything drastic.
Very true. People are willing to take risks by taking other psych meds to fix the problem, but are not willing to try this. And i can tell you, taking psych meds in our situation may be just as risky.
afx

Unread post by afx »

Drastic. Thats correct. And what if it wont work out the way it is planned? Or rather if it messes him more up? Obviously, he is super sensitive even to common meds so try to guess what will happen with chemotherapy which is super harsh even on normal users. Extreme chemo trial next time? All or nothing, it either works out or the end? I would rather try to talk him out of this and start building somewhere solid and safe in his state, rather than to encourage him into trying this russian roulette idea. Nonetheless, I believe some PFS users did try chemo without reversing their PFS anyway.
AnhedonicApe

afx wrote:Drastic. Thats correct. And what if it wont work out the way it is planned? Or rather if it messes him more up? Obviously, he is super sensitive even to common meds so try to guess what will happen with chemotherapy which is super harsh even on normal users. Extreme chemo trial next time? All or nothing, it either works out or the end? I would rather try to talk him out of this and start building somewhere solid and safe in his state, rather than to encourage him into trying this russian roulette idea. Nonetheless, I believe some PFS users did try chemo without reversing their PFS anyway.
For some of us there are no other options left dude. I have already decided for a while now that I am going to quit this pssd life. Knowing this I thought, ok, if I am going to quit this life, there is no harm in taking risks. Ofcourse I know it has risks, but the other option is death for me, because I won't go on like this. Waiting for research is a big no go for me, this may take 20 plus years. ''Go excercise and eat healthy!'' Yeah dude, no, I have tried. I am very scared of the demethylating agent myself man, but going on like this may be even scarier.
afx

Unread post by afx »

I saw there is no impact in talking You out of it from me the last time we talked about this, my comment was directed to Takemeback for encouraging You into it more. And there is a whole misconception and misrepresentation of eat healthy and exercise aporoach - I tried - it doesnt work. Easy to dismiss it whole, I actually did try for some time myself generally in the past and also without results. But multiple people reversed on similar basis but its important to also add it wasnt only about trying for few months lifting weights and adding veggies to their menu. Its a much more complex and really a longterm dedication for results to start surfacing. Nowadays I do have more enriched new approach with some key elements added to shortcut the whole long process, things seem to work, but thats for some future post when things will be crystal clear. Anyway, listen, regardless of that, if You decide to go for that chemotherapy and it starts bad for You, flush it down the toilet and dont think all possibilities of recovering are all gone
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

First, I've noticed that theres a lot of fake histories, I don't think anyone who claims tried chemo has really done it. Its improbable a doctor will gave chemo to a pssd patient. He could loose his medical licence, job etc.
Second, I believe in meso theory of serotonin 5thxxxx receptors malfunction, those receptors control mood, sex, appetite, love, etc. Exactly the symptoms we are experiencing. Why the malfunction? and why only in some patients? and why seems to appear and the end of the tapper? It could be epigenetics or something else.
My main point is, exercise, good food could help a bit, but expect the malfunction to remain. Wherever the malfunction is expect a malfunctioning that area. Sexually, anhedonia, mood, appetite, socially, etc. The proof that the brain doesn't know how to heal is by the number of users that come back after years.

For a cure, we first need to know why 5htxxxx isn't doing what is supposed to do, knowing the cause, we can attack the problem. But is hard to diagnose, because of course, one need to be dead for me to be able to check what is wrong in you brain. That's why I think rat studies and posterior sacrifice is what is going to give us an insight in the root cause of this. That should be the first step ahead on this if we expect to succes on this shit.
We should first give pssd to rats and them chemo and then open his brains and see if that reverse the problem.

Have faith man, once you are dead , is forever and ye lofe if full of possibilities as snake said
AnhedonicApe

succubus76 wrote:First, I've noticed that theres a lot of fake histories, I don't think anyone who claims tried chemo has really done it. Its improbable a doctor will gave chemo to a pssd patient. He could loose his medical licence, job etc.
Second, I believe in meso theory of serotonin 5thxxxx receptors malfunction, those receptors control mood, sex, appetite, love, etc. Exactly the symptoms we are experiencing. Why the malfunction? and why only in some patients? and why seems to appear and the end of the tapper? It could be epigenetics or something else.
My main point is, exercise, good food could help a bit, but expect the malfunction to remain. Wherever the malfunction is expect a malfunctioning that area. Sexually, anhedonia, mood, appetite, socially, etc. The proof that the brain doesn't know how to heal is by the number of users that come back after years.

For a cure, we first need to know why 5htxxxx isn't doing what is supposed to do, knowing the cause, we can attack the problem. But is hard to diagnose, because of course, one need to be dead for me to be able to check what is wrong in you brain. That's why I think rat studies and posterior sacrifice is what is going to give us an insight in the root cause of this. That should be the first step ahead on this if we expect to succes on this shit.
We should first give pssd to rats and them chemo and then open his brains and see if that reverse the problem.

Have faith man, once you are dead , is forever and ye lofe if full of possibilities as snake said
I would say its a good idea to give rats pssd and continue giving them low dose chemo to see if it works
afx

Unread post by afx »

"My main point is, exercise, good food could help a bit, but expect the malfunction to remain."

Very simplified, I already said its not that easy or only about that in order to reverse.

Regerding chemotherapy "I don't think anyone who claims tried chemo has really done it." - PFS forum user MerryChristmas

"Yea, I was on a pretty harsh course of chemotherapy – cisplatin, etoposide, and bleomycin at the same time. It did not change anything with regards to PFS. Killed the cancer, though."

Doesnt sound fake to me.

Studies on rats? I agree
AnhedonicApe

afx wrote:"My main point is, exercise, good food could help a bit, but expect the malfunction to remain."

Very simplified, I already said its not that easy or only about that in order to reverse.

Regerding chemotherapy "I don't think anyone who claims tried chemo has really done it." - PFS forum user MerryChristmas

"Yea, I was on a pretty harsh course of chemotherapy – cisplatin, etoposide, and bleomycin at the same time. It did not change anything with regards to PFS. Killed the cancer, though."

Doesnt sound fake to me.

Studies on rats? I agree
Dude that sort of chemo isnt the chemo i talk about. Chemo is just a name for stuff used against cancer. The stuff u mentioned has nothing to do with demethylating genes. There are some types of chemo that do this, and those have not been tried.